Imagine wedging a 10-hour bookkeeping project into two hours. That’s the dream, and it’s happening!
Work Smarter, Not Harder
At Homeroom, we are always on the lookout for smarter ways to save our clients time and money (and save paper!)
We’ve been using the program for around a year and have since had to upgrade our account at least five times to accommodate our growing client base. We currently have 11 active companies on LedgerDocs who’ve chosen to utilize the app to simplify their document management and stay on top of their bookkeeping in real time. It’s truly proven to be the ideal time-saving integration for our clients.
This week, we put the magnifying glass on the LedgerDocs app:
- Lack of automation with posting bills through LedgerDocs app
- Slow loading issues
- Page rotation problems
What we did about it
We were frustrated because we were spending too much time and didn’t know what to do, or if anyone would listen to us.
- We contacted LedgerDocs and said, “Hey, we got some suggestions on how to make your app better and help us run our business better.”
- We got a response we weren’t expecting: LedgerDocs invited us to their office to discuss our suggestions.
- Teya, Lady in Charge, went to the meeting.
- The LedgerDocs team showed a beta test that executed a major suggestion we really wanted.
Teya was blown away that even before the meeting, LedgerDocs implemented one of our suggestions. She had a great experience at the LedgerDocs office and said the team was awesome!
Here is how LedgerDocs listened to its customer (us):
- Able to manually enter the date numerically as opposed to clicking through the calendar: MM/DD/YY. No dashes needed. Simply, tab through.
- The program will remember all previous receipt information and the only thing we have to change are the date and amount fields. This saves us 20 clicks per receipt.
- More manual entry allows us, with our complex tax codes in BC, to post things with 100 per cent accuracy because it’s not Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Rotating receipts before they fully load doesn’t cause the page to freeze (resolved the kill page problem).
- Option to rename documents by hitting the Enter key.
Wish list for LedgerDocs:
- Pulling bank/credit card statements automatically (automatic fetching)
Exciting upcoming LedgerDocs feature: Ability to easily transfer Master Admin if necessary.
LedgerDocs is committed to creating a better user experience and listening to their customers to continuously improve their product.
Great job, LedgerDocs! We’re super happy to have a partnership with you.