INCOME TAX PREPARATION
We know you are busy, so we take the hassle out of your tax return. The Homeroom E-Return enables you to file your taxes at your convenience: after work at 2am, while you’re on holiday sitting on a beach, before your kids wake up in the morning… All you need is an internet connection and an email address. We use a third party app designed for accountants so you can securely upload your tax forms to us. Save time, money and paper. No more sitting in busy Vancouver traffic, paying for parking and waiting for your appointment. Here’s more info about the Homeroom E-Return.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR E-FILING:
- Request a homeroom e-return online by clicking the yellow button below
- We’ll email you instructions on how to upload your documents
Snap pictures of your T4s, etc., and securely upload them
- Homeroom processes your paperwork and contacts you with any questions
- Homeroom sends you a tax return draft in PDF format
- You approve by electronically signing
- Homeroom e-files your taxes with the CRA
- Homeroom sends you your filed tax return PDF
Check out this instructional video if you need more clarity around the steps!
Please Note: We developed our easy to use online submission system due to customer feedback and demand. Our office is always ready and willing to help you learn the process so that you can save yourself time and money. Our blog is also filled with resources and step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process.
If you would prefer to DROP OFF your tax docs have the Homeroom Team scan and submit your documents on your behalf, we will happily take care of this for you for an additional fee of $70 including GST.
We e-file income tax returns for individuals, contractors, and sole proprietors at our office in Vancouver, but are unable to file corporate tax returns. Call us if you dread doing taxes, want a quick and painless experience with filing your income taxes with a local Vancouver bookkeeping firm, and want to ensure you’re getting as much back as possible in your tax return!
If you have any questions or concerns, click here to contact us
E-Returns are the easiest & most affordable way to do your taxes!
TYPES OF E-RETURNS WE OFFER
- Student: I am enrolled in school, have less than $25000 of income, and up to 3 tax forms. I am not self-employed.
- Basic: I am employed by a company that gives me a T4 and I have up to 4 other tax forms for a total of 5 pieces of paper.
- Basic Plus: I am employed by a company, and I have lots of tax forms for my investments, medical expenses, and donations. I may also have employment expenses to claim.
- Basic + Rental Income: I am employed by a company, and I have lots of tax forms for my investments, medical expenses, and donations. I also own one or two rental properties.
- Business Plus: I am self-employed either as a contractor or I have my own small business that I run as a sole proprietorship. I want to make sure I’m not missing any available write-offs
- Please note: If you would prefer to DROP OFF your tax docs have the Homeroom Team scan and submit your documents on your behalf, we will happily take care of this for you for an additional fee of $70 including GST.
2020 TAX PRICING
(Please note additional charges may apply to some returns.)
- Additional charges will apply for individuals with USD/foreign income slips and income, sale of property and other more complex tax issues.
- Additional charges will apply for late submission of tax documents after we have already prepared your tax return draft
- Homeroom bookkeeping clients will receive a reduced rate.
- Business Basic return: available for clients that have less than $10000 in GROSS business income.
If you and several family members file through us, each member receives a 10% discount on their return.
All prices include tax. Tax forms include: T3, T4, T4A, T5, RRSP, medical expenses, children’s fitness and/or activity, daycare expenses, bus pass, student loan, and tuition slip.
Drop off only available for existing bookkeeping clients.
- Is it secure to submit all my personal documentation online? Click here for detailed answer.
- How do I send my files? Once you complete the form we will send you further instructions and an email address that you can scan and email all of your files to.
- My return is too complicated. How will I properly explain my situation? Click here for detailed answer.
- How much does it cost to file an E-Return? Please see tax pricing box above.
- I am not computer literate. How does the e-signature work? Click here for detailed answer.
- What’s the turnaround to file my return? This depends on how complex your return is, how organized you are, and how quickly you respond to emails. Typical turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.
- Can my spouse file with me? What about my kids? YES! When you click on the “Request an E-return” button you will be able to include your family’s info if you select that you are either married or common law. And the best thing: you and all your family members get 10% when you file with Homeroom.
- When do I get charged? After we send you your tax return draft.
- I am 12 years behind. Can you efile ALL my returns? YES! We can help you catch up on past taxes