We know you are busy, so we take the hassle out of your tax return. The Homeroom E-Return enables you to file your taxes at your convenience: after work at 2am, while you’re on holiday sitting on a beach, before your kids wake up in the morning… All you need is an internet connection and an email address. We use a third party app designed for accountants so you can securely upload your tax forms to us. Save time, money and paper. No more sitting in busy Vancouver traffic, paying for parking and waiting for your appointment. Here’s more info about the Homeroom E-Return.
Here’s what you need to do for E-Filing:
- Request a homeroom e-return online by clicking the yellow button below
- We’ll email you instructions on how to upload your documents
- Snap pictures of your T4s, etc., and securely upload them
- Homeroom processes your paperwork and contacts you with any questions
- Homeroom sends you a tax return draft in PDF format
- You approve by electronically signing
- Homeroom e-files your taxes with the CRA
- Homeroom sends you your filed tax return PDF
Check out this instructional video if you need more clarity around the steps!
2020 Tax pricing
(Please note additional charges may apply to some returns.)
- Additional charges will apply for individuals with USD/foreign income slips and income, sale of property and other more complex tax issues.
- Additional charges will apply for late submission of tax documents after we have already prepared your tax return draft
- Homeroom bookkeeping clients will receive a reduced rate.
- Business Basic return: available for clients that have less than $10000 in GROSS business income.
If you and several family members file through us, each member receives a 10% discount on their return.
All prices include tax. Tax forms include: T3, T4, T4A, T5, RRSP, medical expenses, children’s fitness and/or activity, daycare expenses, bus pass, student loan, and tuition slip.
Drop off only available for existing bookkeeping clients.
- Is it secure to submit all my personal documentation online? Click here for detailed answer.
- How do I send my files? Once you complete the form we will send you further instructions and an email address that you can scan and email all of your files to.
- My return is too complicated. How will I properly explain my situation? Click here for detailed answer.
- How much does it cost to file an E-Return? Please see tax pricing box above.
- I am not computer literate. How does the e-signature work? Click here for detailed answer.
- What’s the turnaround to file my return? This depends on how complex your return is, how organized you are, and how quickly you respond to emails. Typical turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.
- Can my spouse file with me? What about my kids? YES! When you click on the “Request an E-return” button you will be able to include your family’s info if you select that you are either married or common law. And the best thing: you and all your family members get 10% when you file with Homeroom.
- When do I get charged? After we send you your tax return draft.
- I am 12 years behind. Can you efile ALL my returns? YES! We can help you catch up on past taxes