Forget that pen. Unplug that printer. Signing documents just got hella easier and funner. Let’s jump right in!
Now that you know how to securely submit your online tax documentation, how do you sign all the paper we email your way without turning on your printer?
Each year, we get more advanced and efficient with everything we do. Next year, we will be using the user-friendly DocuSign app to send tax returns securely.
E-Signature Is The Way
The electronic signature allows you to sign your tax return draft from anywhere! The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) accepts personalized electronic signatures. Save the paper err day, all day!
How does the e-signature work?
- Go to your inbox and open the email from Homeroom Team.
- Click on the yellow button “Review Document.”
- Read the document carefully to ensure everything OK eg your address, full name, etc.
- Tap “Start” (top right) to begin signing.
- Click on the area on your screen that is highlighted with a tiny red arrow pointing down to begin to sign.
- Mobile Phone: Use tip of your finger to sign your name.
- Computer: Use your mouse to sign * Make sure you are using personalized signature NOT the typed-out version.
- Click FINISH (top right corner) when you are done.
- You will receive a copy via email. You can securely save your document online FREE with DocuSign.
If you experience any issues or get stuck along the way, give us a call at 604-739-9536.
Next week’s blog post will highlight the turnaround of filing your tax return!