As you dive head first into the holiday season we want to make sure you have the resources to adequately cope with the potential stress December can bring.
So without further ado we bring you the Homeroom Gals top 10 cocktail picks that will get you through the holiday season no matter what life throws at you.
1. I woke up and it’s raining!
It is never easy to get out of bed when it is raining so we suggest you give yourself the jump start you need with an Irish Coffee
- 1 1/2 oz Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 6 ozhot coffee
- heavy cream
2. I woke up and it’s sunny
This is glorious news, so why not celebrate with some Champagne Punch.
- 3 tablespoons grenadine
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 3/4 cups champagne
- Raspberries, apples, or other seasonal fruit
3. I woke up and it was snowing
When you wake up and it’s snowing the first thing that probably comes to mind is White Christmas…..the cocktail!!!
- 4 oz eggnog
- 1/2 oz white chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
- Edible gold flakes or chocolate flakes for garnish
4. That person who drives me crazy is taking me out for drinks
If this situation happens nothing says “I am not going to stop drinking until the alcohol level in my body has allowed me find you less annoying” than a Gin Martini.
- 2 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 or 3, olives or lemon twist for garnish
5. My in-laws are having us over for dinner
Take a flask….fill it with Whiskey…drink it all…
6. My kids ate too much Christmas candy and won’t stop screaming
When your kids are driving you mad the logical cocktail choice is a Long Island Iced Tea. The Cola will give you the caffeine boost you need to deal with your children while the high dosage of alcohol will simultaneously lull you into a calm, carefree state.
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce light rum
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce sour mix
- Lemon wedge for garnish
7. I work in retail
At the end of a long day of dealing with crazy Christmas shoppers you really need a cocktail that is going to give you the boost of sugary happiness that you need to avoid going postal on the next person who asks you if you stock reindeer underwear. We think a Cosmopolitan will do the trick.
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) triple sec
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons) cranberry juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce (1 1/2 teaspoons to 3 teaspoons) fresh lime juice
- 1 2-inch orange peel/twist
8. I can’t believe another year has passed already
Time moves too quickly stop for a moment and drink an Apples & Pears cocktail…. or 4.
- 11/2 ozs stolichnaya ( , Gala Applik Vodka)
- 11/2 ozs juice (Pear)
- 3/4 oz syrup (Vanilla-Nutmeg)
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 5 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 oz hard cider
9. My partner bought me an appliance for Christmas
Are you pretending to totally LOVE your new vacuum? Or running outside to use that new snow blower? You know, because a nice new dress or tickets to a show weren’t what you wanted!!! We suggest you drink a Corpse Reviver while you clean the carpets.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (i.e. Cointreau)
- 1 drop absinthe
- Cherry for garnish
10. I wish I was still in Mexico (Teya’s December emotion)
Nothing say’s MEXICO louder than a Classic Lime Margarita. So turn up the heat, put on some salsa music and get shaking!!
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (Cointreau is recommended)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Salt or sugar to rim the glass (optional)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!